May 31, 2019
The Simplicity Cycle: The Field Guide to Making Things Better Without Making Them Worse (Dan Ward)
- We tend to be drawn towards complexity, when deep down we yearn for simplicity
- Simplicity is a combination of complexity (features) and “goodness” (functionality)
- True productivity is maximizing the value of...
May 24, 2019
Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service (Ken Blanchard)
- Satisfied customers aren’t enough. To thrive your business needs raving fans.
- Customers count on your consistency. After you disappoint them once it’s difficult to rebuild trust.
- Focus on improving just 1%. Tackle less of the problem,...
May 17, 2019
Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Nassim Taleb)
- Antifragile systems improve in the face of chaos
- Efficient systems are at peak capacity and on the verge of collapse
- The barbell strategy (maximizing opposite extremes and avoiding the middle) helps you build an antifragile life
Guest: Mary Miller,...
May 10, 2019
Extreme Ownership: How US Navy Seals Lead and Win (Jocko Willink and Leif Babin)
- Extreme Ownership is taking full responsibility for yourself.
- Learn to lead both down and up the chain. If you’re boss doesn’t get it, blame yourself first.
- The hardest part of taking responsibility is the hit to your ego. But...
May 3, 2019
The Greatest Salesman in the World (Og Mandino)
- True wealth is of the heart, not the purse
- Approach each day, each situation, and each person with genuine love in your heart
- Learn to see obstacles as just detours. Persisting is the key to success.
Guest: Japheth Mast, Founder of Japheth Mast Photo