Apr 26, 2019
Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In (Roger Fisher and William Ury)
- Never cave to pressure. Stick to your standards and persist to find a win-win.
- Having a solid BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) makes you a stronger negotiator
- Become an empathetic negotiator by listening more...
Apr 19, 2019
The Prince (Niccolo Machiavelli)
- To understand the people, one needs to be a prince - to understand princes, one needs to be of the people
- Success isn’t a formula. Adapt your strategy based on the situation around you
- Listen to people who know what they’re talking about, who genuinely want to help you
Apr 12, 2019
Messy: The Power of Disorder to Change Our Lives (Tim Harford)
- The random nature of messiness can lead to our greatest inspiration
- Improvisation is the ultimate intersection of structure and spontaneity
- Adding strategic elements of risk surprisingly can boost safety
We love hearing your book ideas on our survey...
Apr 5, 2019
Friend of a Friend: Understanding the Hidden Networks that can
Change Your Life and Career (David Burkus)
- Don’t fixate on building a network. Instead, learn to better navigate and leverage your current network
- Who you know and your conversations with them dramatically impact how you think
- Weak ties (friends you...